1. To enter the golden gateway to my heart, my lady love must be considerate, thoughtful, compassionate and generous. Respect and self-love should be enviable parts of her innate make-up. No pretending or sending a representative to be a “model” soul, until she unsheathes her true self. I don’t want her to lose herself in trying to please me. She should know herself. I desire a gentlewoman, one who is not only gentle with herself but with me, others and definitely those who can never repay her kindness. I’m no longer in a combative mode thinking the worst about a person or a situation. I’m faithful, and want her to be the same. I trust that everything is already just fine, is as it should be, and if it isn’t, it will be when I bring the quiet stillness of spirit to any uncertainty.
2. My lover has to match my adventurous spirit and want to see the world with me, whether that world is the beauty of discovering American states and cities or the mystical wonders of the globe. Beside her, I want to taste the cuisine of life, to smile and shimmy at strange, new dishes and pucker our faces and words when those dishes are discordant melodies of yuck. She’s got to be game, not squeamish, for the unknown. A trailblazer, not a complainer. Filled with a joie de vivre, my lady and I will cultivate oneness in love to encourage one another to great heights.
3. I want passion. Give me, Universe, a deep-running river of “you satisfy a visceral place within me, Baby, and together, we can accomplish the impossible dream.” Our passion will fuel our every day experiences, and nothing will ever be the same. The simple art of reading, when we read to one another in the middle of the night, can be foreplay with passion. I want to be passionate about everything about her, and she me; I can already appreciate her voice, her excitement at what makes me shiver in the reading, the revelation of story, and what types of stories take me their and appreciate what happens when two experience life and stories together. In all that we undertake in our love affair, I want the two of us to become one in more ways than being engaged in glorious sex. She should hypnotize me with her walk, her thoughts, her touch, her stare.
4. Humor is a mainstay, a balm, a bridge over troubled water. If she can make me howl with laughter, she can melt my heart, even if it’s iced over from something she did or something out of her control. Laughter has the medicinal ability to turn tides and to win wars. Humor requires a certain charm and natural intelligence and a captivating way of seeing the world. Possessing these qualities, my lady love will be able to stand with me in any wind, in the lee of our love, and bend and sway like a tender tree. Humor will allow us to experience life with a heart beating with optimism.
5. She must love music, especially the music from the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s. With the love of music must come the joy and bliss of dancing and dancing with me. Life is too fabulous to dwell in the doldrums. I want her to know the power of music and dance to fall deeper into the Present, to lift us and transcend us to other worlds and times. This love of music and dance can also include learning to appreciate these arts from other countries. She should understand the language of music and dance to make love vertically, to be sensual foreplay that leaves us sweating and wholly captivated with the other long before we recline in the others embrace.
Living a Golden Life,