My sincere appreciation goes out to the beautiful blogger, KALEREA of http://www.raeyal.wordpress.com, for nominating me for a LIEBSTER AWARD, my second! If you are reading this post and you haven’t visited “The Jovial Bella,” treat yourself.
So here are the rules:
1. Tag the person who nominated you and thank them.
2. Answer the 11 questions you are given.
3. Nominate 11 new bloggers and tag them.
4. Give them 11 new questions to answer.
5. Notify your nominees.
With that shared, it is now my honor to answer my questions. 🙂 To read The Jovial Bella’s lovely answers to her particular set of questions, visit her blog! Side note: I love answering questions, which reminds me of YouTube tags, for in doing so, worlds are unveiled, universes spin to center stage, exposing places others might not have experienced, or you yourself for that matter, were it not for someone opening an intriguing portal with well-phrased questions.
*** My Answered Questions ***
1. What was your age when you started blogging?
I am uncertain of my exact age when I started blogging; however, I must have been in my early 40’s when I set up a blogging home on Blogger. I was “The Golden Goddess.” The site is yet online if anyone is curious about exploring my pics and writings from that period.
2. Why did you begin blogging?
Blogging is an organic outcropping of my life-long love of writing. It was a way of being published in a digital age. There was no need to seek another’s approval to express your thoughts and share the images you were comfortable with sharing on a public stage. You are the sole doorkeeper to your mental empire. The only person who can short circuit your dreams is you. Blogging jump started my initiative to reach a larger audience and cull the creative, artistic and financial paths I now pursue.
3. What are the three things you should have before leaving the house and why?
Before I leave the house, I must have a positive attitude, my purse and keys and a smile. All three are essential for me to set the tone of my dynamic day, no matter what awaits me. I have ever known via my experiences that my attitude determines my altitude!
4. Do you have an all-time favorite quote? What is it and why?
“Waking up to the truth, that there is no loss, lack or failure in the kingdom of reality—loss, lack and failure would disappear from your life.”
Florence Scovel Shinn
This quote reminds me that the loss-lack-failure dynamic exists only in my fearful thoughts, that what is perceived and believed must show up on my life’s path. If I believe and see that all things are for my Higher Good, I can manifest the experiences I choose to have as a result of my faith, belief and knowing that all things are possible.
5. What is your favourite time of the year and why?
Summer makes me exceedingly happy! I adore the clothes, colors, weather, fresh fruits and seasonal vegetables, outdoor exercises and natural energy surges I experience when the Universe explodes with new life!
6. Where is your dream destination?
The island splendor and laid-back ease of the Dominican Republic await me. One day this year I shall run its beaches, stroll in light breezy sundresses and wraps, feel the sensual of the warm wind in my hair, meet its diverse people with Spanish in their mouths, taste the rich native dishes and splash in its unforgettably refreshing waters!
7. What is your favourite food?
I love food from the Orient! In the past few months, I’ve begun teaching myself how to prepare Thai dishes, which calls for investing in the ingredients to make these dishes come alive! My family encourages my culinary explorations and are willing taste testers at my table and theirs! 🙂
8. What are your top 3 must haves in your bag?
Hmmm. I must have a charged Samsung Android cell, my chosen lipstick of the day and the latest book I’m reading and/or a pocket-size note pad to capture poetic gems that fall like manna in my day.
9. Name 3 people who inspires you the most.
- My son, Avery
- My friends, Authors Nik Nicholson and Fiona Zedde
- My favorite Beauty Bloggers Shirley B. Eniang and Sammi, The Beauty Crush
10. What is your weirdest habit ever?
Working through the quiet of the night is my weirdest habit!
11. Give your three favourite skin care products.
My four favorite skin care products are as follows:
- Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash (Soap-free, Oil-free and Clinically Shown Gentle as Water)
- Equate Beauty Refreshing Apricot Scrub (with natural exfoliants)
- St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Moisturizer
- Nivea Creme Skin Moisturizer
It is my great pleasure to nominate the following nine bloggers, who may not be new, but are relatively new to me:
Angel Mbeks https://mbeks27.wordpress.com/
Juni Desiree https://junidesireeblog.wordpress.com/
My Questions for the Nominees
1. Who is your blogging idol? Why?
2. What do you love the most about Beauty/Fashion blogging?
3. What are your top long-term plans in your blogging career?
4. Who introduced you to the world of make-up?
5. What is your favorite low-end beauty product? The fav high-end product?
6. What social platform do you enjoy the most?
7. Have you monetized your blog? If not, when?
8. How important is selling fashion over personal narrative content on your blog?
9. Describe your morning routine.
10. What camera do you use for the pictures on your blog? What camera do you use for beauty vlogging or making videos, if you do that?
11. Do you have a YouTube channel?
12. Describe your most recent hurdle in any area of your life?
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE NOMINEES!!